Saturday, September 27, 2008

A New Chapter

I already have a blog. It has been so long since I have written in it that I have forgotten my username and password so I had to make a new one. That's ok, I feel like I have started a new chapter in my life anyway. A lot has happened since my old blog. My boyfriend of three years and I broke up, I moved into a duplex with a roommate, I went on a journey to "find myself", trained for a half marathon, made some really great friends, rediscovered the ones I already had, and the list goes on.

After the break up I was forced to re-evaluate my life. The plans I had made for the future were thrown aside and I started asking myself a lot of questions. What do I want to do with my life? Am I who I want to be? Shortly after, I went to Branson with my parents. My mom and I were watching Oprah and on the show that day was an idea for a vision board. I thought this was a great thing and I ended up making one for myself. On the board I put my hopes and dreams. Things I want to accomplish and would love to see happen in my life. Some things I have already been able to take off the board and I have added several more. The more my dreams have come true, the more I have wanted to add. The great thing is, I have seen God work in my life. I have taken things off that board that I never even worked for, just asked for them and God blessed me. Isn't God incredible! God wants to give us the desires of our heart we just have to put them out there and not let fear get in our way of receiving them.

One of the big goals I am about to take off the board is running a half marathon. I was blessed with a running partner back in July and we have been training since. I ran my first 5k a couple of weeks ago and the half marathon is next week. Will I run all of it? Probably not. The most I have ran in the training is 8 miles, but I will give it a good shot. Wished I had a little longer to train, but I will finish and will do my best. My next goal is to learn to play guitar. This is something I have wanted to do since college and I have found someone to give me guitar lessons. I start next month! I still have a ton of things I want to accomplish and some I have no control over(have to leave those to God). I am becoming the person I have always wanted to be and doing things I have always wanted to do. This begins my new chapter.

No comments: